It's love | Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation...


Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation | Bobbi Brown Corrector | Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer | Chanel Les Beiges | Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki

Being an oily girl one of the hardest things to find is a good foundation. So when you come across one that seems to tick all the boxes, it's a pretty big deal. The Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is something that's majorly hyped in the beauty world, and something I'd always wanted to try. When it comes to bases, I think it's safe to say that Laura Mercier is one of the go to gaaaaaals and I'd seen so many oily skin babes singing Silk Cremes praises, on a quiet Tuesday jaunt in town I decided to get matched...which of course lead to purchasing, and here we are!

I'm not quite sure where to start with this one except to say, I love this stuff. I was matched to the shade Peach Ivory which is one I saw and wouldn't have thought was right at all , but funnily enough, has turned out to be one of the most perfect shade matches I own, and I have a lot of foundations. Now this foundation is very thick so it will cling to dry patches, and one thing I must point out is despite it saying luminous, it really is not, and I would not recommend this for dry skin. Saying that the finish is definitely not matte either, I suppose satin would be the closest description. Another thing I love about this foundation which is so important if you have oily skin, is it does an amazing job of disguising enlarged pores WITHOUT using a primer, plus it's very long lasting, it doesn't oxidise and pretty much stays put all day. Yes I have to powder but to be honest, with skin as oily as mine, I'd be slightly concerned if a product completely stopped any oil production throughout the day, all I really want is for a foundation not to break down, collect or move throughout the day and that's exactly what this does. I really cannot sing it praises enough. 

At £34 it's a really expensive product in my opinion, but I barely use a pea sized amount on top of concealer and as it works so well, I'm OK to suck it up and repurchase this time and time again. Although I have to say, I'm pretty sure this will last a good 6 months if not more and that's using it everyday.

Have I convinced you yet?


Labels: ,