Trial the trend | Strobing...


As an oily girl, one thing I could never see myself getting massively into was highlighting, or as it's now referred to in a more extreme case; strobing.

But after having experimented with a few different products and techniques recently, I think I may have found a foolproof way to get less slick, more strobe for us girls who can't keep a base on for more than a few hours.

 Rodial Instaglam Compact Deluxe Illuminating Powder in 01

Like I say, I've been trialling a few different products and techniques which you can find out more about in this video I posted on my youtube channel last week.

But I wanted to ensure I brought every oily girls attention to one of my favourite discoveries recently; the Rodial Illuminating Powder. Big claim, but this is perhaps the perfect product if you're complexion can harbour oil slick tendencies.  For starters it's not too chunky in the shimmer department, no tangible shards of glitter here, just a subtle sheen. The finish adheres perfectly to the skin so you can be sure to avoid that stark stripe that some more heavy duty highlighting products can result in. I never would have thought to go to Rodial for makeup products but I've tried a couple of other bits and I must say. I'm pretty impressed. Pricey? Yes, but the products are so luxe and actually good so if there's something that catches your eye that you don't think you can live without, I say go for it, YOLO right?!

Still not sold on strobing for oily skin? Head over to my channel to find out what techniques are about to change your life...seriously.


Also have you tried any other Rodial products you'd recommend? I feel like I need to spice up my life with a splurge.

Labels: