Current fav lip combos

NYX Butter Gloss in Madeleine | MAC Stone Lip Liner | Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 43 | Rimmel 1000 Kisses Cappuccino Lip Liner

I've been loving these two lip combos for a while now and seeing as over the last few weeks I haven't left the house without one of them adorning my smackers, I thought they deserved a well earned space on the blog.



MAC Stone Lip Liner | NYX Butter Gloss in Madeleine

I'd been on the hunt for the NYX Butter Gloss in Madeleine for what felt like forever. Every time I tried to get it, it was out of stock. So when I saw them pop up on Feel Unique and Selfridges a few months ago, before I knew what was happening I'd clicked add to basket and the rest is history. I couldn't wait to try it out as I'd heard so many good things about the range and it hasn't disappointed. Firstly it smells delish, that sickly sweet scent you usually associate with a lip gloss, the consistency is smooth, not too gloopy and not at all sticky. It's so comfortable to wear and is surprisingly moisturising for a gloss product. Paired with my MAC Stone lip liner makes for the perfect match; I wish I'd had this combo growing up when all I wanted was to emulate the lips of my RnB idols T-Boz (TLC) and Mary J Blige.

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Cappuccino Lip Liner | Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 43

I've had my Rimmel Cappuccino Lip Liner for a few years now, it was the first lip liner I dabbled with back when I was developing ideas for how Kylie Jenner could take over the world...maybe not but you get the idea; Cappuccino and me go way back. I picked up the Kate Moss lippie on a whim when the nude collection was released and wasn't expecting much but surprisingly, I'm really impressed by it. The formula is really comfortable to wear, they're matte but not drying and work just as well alone as they do with a lip liner. It's great to find a good liner/lipstick duo that's affordable too. I even prefer my Cappuccino to my MAC lip liners purely because it's so creamy and really blendable, it works great by itself too for a rich taupe shade.






Labels: